Two museum standards include a set of elements for the description of exhibitions:

1. SPECTRUM (Collections Trust) as part of the object Use information elements (se Appendix)
http://www.collectionstrust.org.uk/collections-link/collections-management/spectrum/the-spectrum-standard

2. CDWA from Getty
http://www.getty.edu/research/publications/electronic_publications/cdwa/20exhibition.html

best,