From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Costis Dallas
Sent: Friday, April 22, 2016 5:53 PM
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Question about data models or standards for representing exhibitions?

Hi David,

no formal standards, but substantial literature (both trade and scholarly) on planning museum exhibitions. Books by Dean and Lord & Lord a good starting point. You'll find more searching under the rubric of "interpretive planning", as we name the practice in museums, or check relevant course syllabi in museology programs.

There are standards books / resources on exhibitions (the Toronto ROM had produced one 30 years ago) that also cover process to some extent.

My penny's worth.

Best,

Prof. Costis Dallas MPhil DPhil (Oxon.)
Associate Professor & Director of the Collaborative Programs, Faculty of Information, University of Toronto
Research Fellow, Digital Curation Unit-IMIS, Athena Research Centre

tel. +1 416 9888603; Skype:costisd