There is a "Working Group on Digital Exhibitions“ and they at least suggest to work on a "structured Metadata Format for the description of exhibitions“.
<http://museumsdokumentation.de/joomla/resources/metadata>

For contact I would suggest Stefan Rohde-Enslin ([log in to unmask]) of the Institut für Museumsforschung, Berlin.
<http://www.smb.museum/en/museums-and-institutions/institut-fuer-museumsforschung/home.html>

Martin