Perhaps we should open a Europeana project page on Wikidata where people
can actively participate in data modelling questions that can be livelinked
to relevant items? I think Wikidata is a place where lots of people are
already active who are interested in Wikidata as a LOD hub simply because
it has free access and already interlinks quite a few large data
aggregators in the arts (including Europeana!)

See this for the ongoing Europeana challenge, which is getting a lot of
attention at the moment anyway:
https://www.wikidata.org/wiki/Wikidata:Europeana_Art_History_Challenge