+1 with Makx & Michael

Rodolphe

> Le 27 avr. 2016 à 19:01, Michael Fingerhut <[log in to unmask]> a écrit
:

> The common platform to all of us is this email. For me, it's where all
the important mailing lists I have subscribed to arrive, I can read 'em,
sort 'em, save 'em and... delete 'em. I am pretty glad they don't have
each their own separate (and different, for sure) communication channels
that would make this task impossible.       OK, so we have had the spams
of those-who-wanted-to-unsubscribe-but-couldn't-read (information
professionals, indeed), and now we have the spams of us (me included)
agreeing or not to continue here, but once this has abated, let's
continue here. Makx's advice is really sound.
> Michael
>
>> Le 27/04/2016 à 15:48, Pierre Choffé a écrit :
>> Dear All,
>>
>> Yet, we are not talking about a forest of platforms, Mike mentioned
an excellent one : Slack.
>> Why can't we have on the one hand an email list serving a specific
purpose, the one expected by the people who recently unsubscribed (and
won't have access anymore), and on the other hand a tool/platform
serving another purpose?
>> The division is very clear, no one will get upset, no one will lose
anything.

>> Have a nice day !
>> Pierre Choffe
>> BnF

>>> I a​gree totally with Makx. I've seen too many good groups /
discussions get lost because they were diluted in a forest of other
platforms.

>>> It is standard procedure to have an "unsubscribe" link at the bottom
of any and every listserv message.

>>> Amalyah Keshet
>>> Head of Image Resources & Copyright Management
>>> The Israel Museum, Jerusalem
>>>

>>> Amalyah Keshet
>>> Head of Image Resources and Copyright Management
>>> The Israel Museum, Jerusalem
>>>
>>> Tel: 972-2-6708064
>>>
>>> Cell: 972-54-6558768
>>>
>>> Fax: 972-2-6771340

>>>  	  The Israel Museum, Jerusalem
>>>  	www.imj.org.il

<[log in to unmask]> on behalf of Makx Dekkers
>>> Sent: Tuesday, April 26, 2016 19:26
>>>
>>> To: [log in to unmask]
>>> Subject: Re: List admin
>>>
>>> All,
>>>

>>> I would not be in favour of opening
Yet-Another-Communication-Channel. E-mail works fine, at least for me.
The fact that some people don’t want to be on the list and create some
spam trying to sign off should not be a reason to change a way of
working that’s tried and tested.

>>> We may want to consider other channels once we get threads with
hundreds of messages and megabytes of attachments, but not for the kinds
of relatively light discussions we’re seeing now.

>>> I do agree with Mike’s suggestion to include a standard footer.
Simple and useful.