The idea of modelling an exhibition on Wikidata with data from a museum
database is nice, but in order to get there you need to establish a
starting position with a group of exhibition items so you can experiment
with that dataset. We see this in the Wikidata Sum of all Paintings project
with how we model paintings. We propose properties as we start to see and
feel a need for them, but we still keep a very low threshold of properties
necessary to get items on the radar of this Wikidata project. As a
volunteer-run organization, you need a way for people to contribute and
have fun while doing so. Asking them to add an exhibition with 15 fields is
not the way to do this. However, you can ask them for the minimum number of
fields necessary so someone else can eventually add that data. The context,
remember, is that Swedish museums and the Wikimedia Sweden chapter are
running a project to 1) create articles on Wikipedia about specific
exhibitions and would like to also include 2) structured data (I think on
Wikidata) about these exhibitions.

To do (1) you need the type of information available to the general public
about the exhibition (local papers, museum website, and so forth). To do
(2) you need to decide on these "minimum number of fields" that could be
used for a Wikipedia "infobox" that can pull that data. Taking a stab at
it, I would say these fields (to begin with) are name (if a traveling
exhibition, then the translated name for those other language labels on
Wikidata, and otherwise use the first museum's title for all other
languages), next location (museum item), and start and finish dates (to be
qualified per exhibition location if more than one). Besides those three
basic fields, other fields can be added as the project grows according to
the wisdom of people working with Wikdata and exhibitions.