Hi David,

no formal standards, but substantial literature (both trade and scholarly)
on planning museum exhibitions. Books by Dean and Lord & Lord a good
starting point. You'll find more searching under the rubric of
"interpretive planning", as we name the practice in museums, or check
relevant course syllabi in museology programs.

There are standards books / resources on exhibitions (the Toronto ROM had
produced one 30 years ago) that also cover process to some extent.

My penny's worth.

Best,

*Prof. Costis Dallas MPhil DPhil (Oxon.)*
Associate Professor & Director of the Collaborative Programs, Faculty of
Information, University of Toronto
Research Fellow, Digital Curation Unit-IMIS, Athena Research Centre

email: [log in to unmask]; [log in to unmask]
tel. +1 <%2B30%20698%202444204> 416 9888603; Skype:costisd