Dear colleagues,

(apologies for cross-posting but we really want to make sure this message reaches the right people)

As you might already know, Europeana has published a tender for a new cloud-based hosting provider. The tender is published here<https://www.tenderned.nl/tenderned-web/aankondiging/detail/samenvatting/akid/6f740510dc8c31b5ef2e78afd16ca948/cid/256319> on TenderNed, the Dutch governmental website for tenders, and re-published here<http://ted.europa.eu/udl?uri=TED:NOTICE:238839-2014:TEXT:EN:HTML> on TED, the pan-European journal for tenders. (TenderNed is in Dutch but all the tender documents are in English).

We are looking for a seasoned IT provider with proven experience in cloud-based hosting infrastructures. The hosting will underpin all our digital assets and making a good choice here will be critical for the success of Europeana´s Digital Service Infrastructure in the years to come. Our wish to have a cloud-based platform-as-a-service (PaaS) hosting reflects Europeana´s commitment to cloud technologies and is complementary to the Europeana Cloud vision, where we ourselves shall become a cloud provider.

The schedule is tight as tenders are to be sent by the end of August. Please help us to get this message across to IT providers which could be interested to take Europeana to the next technological level: tweet, share, tell your network.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Pavel

Pavel Kats
Chief Technology Officer

T: +31 (0)70 314 0355
M: +31610465204
E: [log in to unmask]
Skype: overrelaxation

If you're interested in Europe's cultural heritage, sign up for our newsletter at http://eepurl.com/SAaC5 and start receiving our monthly eNews, in English or French!

Europeana<http://www.europeana.eu/> makes Europe's culture available for all, across borders and generations and for creative re-use - follow how at #AllezCulture<http://bit.ly/17mnbL7>

Disclaimer: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this email. Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete this email from your system.