Dear all,

A new EuropeanaTech task force has been created for creating an EDM profile for Sound materials [1]. This task force is based on a formal task of the Europeana Sounds project [2]. In addition to the Europeana Sounds project members, we would like to involve the EuropeanaTech community in this work. The task force has for objectives to provide recommendations for the adaptation of the EDM profile for audio and audio-related objects to ensure richer digital records and enhanced discovery. This work will be based on previous efforts done in similar Europeana projects such as EUscreen and the European Film Gateway.

The group will start its work by collecting use cases that will allow the definition of clear requirements that will form the basis of the EDM profile for Sounds.

You can contribute to the task force in two different ways:

-You can become a full member of the task force which will imply the contributions of use case(s) (see the form in attachment), the participation to the calls and a contribution to the writing of the final report.

-You can contribute to the definition of the requirements of the EDM profile by providing use case(s) (see the form in attachment).

The deadline for filling the form is the 12th May. Please contact me directly or through the list if you are interested.

I hope you will find this work interesting and will contribute to it.

Best wishes,

Valentine

[1]http://pro.europeana.eu/web/network/europeana-tech/-/wiki/Main/Task+Force+on+EDM+profile+for+Sound
[2]http://pro.europeana.eu/web/europeana-sounds/home

Valentine Charles

Data R&D Coordinator

T: +31 (0)70 314 0391
M:
E: [log in to unmask]

Skype: charles.valentine

Europeana makes Europe’s culture available for all, across borders and generations and for creative re-use – follow how at #AllezCulture

Disclaimer: This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the system manager. If you are not the named addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this email. Please notify the sender immediately by email if you have received this email by mistake and delete this email from your system.