INVITATION TO THE APARSEN WEBINAR, 15 FEBRUARY 2013, 11 AM:

APARSEN is a Network of Excellence that has been set up to address the important issue of digital preservation (DP) at a European level. The project surveys the current state of the art in DP in Europe and brings the different disciplinary and institutional approaches together analysing them and formulating the future research agenda. APARSEN aims at defragmenting DP research and practice and therefore consists of a diverse set of practitioner organisations and researchers from all over Europe to enter into a dialog on common needs and challenges in DP. For more details please visit: www.aparsen.eu

APARSEN would highly appreciate to get in contact with the EuropeanaTech Network and collaborate closely on the topic of Persistent Identifiers and their interoperability. So we invite all interested EuropeanaTech members to take part in this webinar.

Date: Friday 15 February 2013, time: 11 am central Europe, 10 am UK.

Theme: Sustainability in Digital Preservation through Interoperable Persistent Identifiers

Program:

1.      Simon Lambert, project coordinator APARSEN: why PI’s are crucial in Digital Preservation

2.      Maurizio Lunghi: PI Interoperability Framework in APARSEN

3.      Jan Molendijk: EUROPEANA and PI’s

4.      EUDAT representative: PI work in EUDAT; TBC

5.      Discussion

6.      David Giaretta, Director APA/ Simon Lambert: Conclusions for APARSEN

The webinar will be held via Megameeting and is scheduled to last approximately 2 hours. We will provide you the Log-in information some days in advance.

Please send me an e-mail when you plan to join this webinar.

Looking forward to your participation and your discussion contributions,

Best wishes

Veronika

Veronika Prändl-Zika
Project Manager