*** apologies for cross posting***

Dear Partners,

We are very pleased to tell you that two new publications about using the Europeana Data Model (EDM) are now available.

The EDM Mapping Guidelines: This document describes subset of classes and properties from the model that will be used in the first implementation of EDM.  It has an example of original data and that same data converted to EDM showing the distribution of the properties amongst the classes. It also outlines the process for migrating from ESE to EDM.

The EDM Primer: this is a revised version of the original EDM Primer giving the "story" of the EDM and explaining how the classes and properties are used together to model data and support Europeana functionality. It has been revised to give more prominence to the aspects of EDM of greatest interest to providers and to reflect the latest modifications to EDM itself.

In addition, we also provide a two-page EDM Factsheet that sums up the rationale and expected benefits of EDM

All documents are available at: http://version1.europeana.eu/web/europeana-project/technicaldocuments/

For further information, please contact [log in to unmask] (using “EDM” as subject).

We welcome your feedback.

Kind regards,

---
The Europeana Operations Team

  Koninklijke Bibliotheek, National Library of the Netherlands
  Prins Willem-Alexanderhof 5 | 2595 BE Den Haag
Postbus 90407 | 2509 LK Den Haag | (070) 314 09 11 | www.kb.nl

  English version | Disclaimer