Help for EUROPEANA-EDUCATION Archives

EUROPEANA-EDUCATION Archives

EUROPEANA-EDUCATION@LIST.ECOMPASS.NL

EUROPEANA-EDUCATION Home

EUROPEANA-EDUCATION  October 2020

EUROPEANA-EDUCATION October 2020

Re: BIPOC representative in the Europeana 2020 annual conference committe

Isabel Crespo <[log in to unmask]>

Isabel Crespo <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 1 Oct 2020 13:49:10 +0200

Dear community members,

In case you don’t know me, I’m Isabel Crespo, Business Development Coordinator at Europeana and member of the Europeana Education Steering Group. Due to some messages in the last email thread, I’d like to make some clarifications around it.

Europeana is trying to bring more voices from underrepresented communities not only to our selection committee, but in all the different aspects of our work and as an organisation. You can read more about what we are doing to make Europeana 2020 accessible to and representative of all, here (https://pro.europeana.eu/post/opening-up-conversations-how-we-are-selecting-proposals-for-europeana-2020) and here (https://pro.europeana.eu/post/europeana-2020-we-re-looking-for-your-contribution). This is a work in progress that we just formally started and we are learning in the process about many aspects of this complex task.

Some of the discussions might be challenging for some people/groups/communities on different occasions, but I view all of them as a necessary step forward to understand each other. We are aware that we can agree to disagree and that this is a long journey. But please conduct all the discussions with respect for your colleagues. This is a channel for education and built for professionals working in this field.

We are striving to improve our inclusivity and diversity understanding and processes as an organisation, thus we kindly invite you all to respect our Code of Conduct.

All best,

Isabel