EUROPEANA-TECH  March 2019

EUROPEANA-TECH March 2019

Re: Announcement from Time Machine CSA Project

Constantinescu Nicolaie <[log in to unmask]>

Constantinescu Nicolaie <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 7 Mar 2019 14:55:15 +0200

Thank you for sharing this interesting new level of CH visualization.

Good luck, and keep us posted.

On Fri, 1 Mar 2019 at 10:48, Gregory Markus <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Dear EuropeanaTech community,
>
> Please find below exciting new information about the Time Machine CSA project of which many of your institutes / yourselves are involved in.
>
> Unleashing Big Data of the Past – Europe builds a Time Machine
>

> The European Commission has chosen Time Machine as one of the six proposals retained for preparing large scale research initiatives to be strategically developed in the next decade. €1 million in funding has been granted for preparing the detailed roadmaps of this initiative that aims at extracting and utilising the Big Data of the past. Time Machine foresees to design and implement advanced new digitisation and Artificial Intelligence (AI) technologies to mine Europe’s vast cultural heritage, providing fair and free access to information that will support future scientific and technological developments in Europe.
>

> One of the most advanced Artificial Intelligence systems ever built
>

> The Time Machine will create advanced AI technologies to make sense of vast amounts of information from complex historical data sets. This will enable the transformation of fragmented data – with content ranging from medieval manuscripts and historical objects to smartphone and satellite images – into useable knowledge for industry. In essence, a large-scale computing and digitisation infrastructure will map Europe’s entire social, cultural and geographical evolution. Considering the unprecedented scale and complexity of the data, The Time Machine’s AI even has the potential to create a strong competitive advantage for Europe in the global AI race.
>

> “Time Machine is likely to become one of the most advanced Artificial Intelligence systems ever built, trained on data from wider geographical and temporal horizons”, explains Frederic Kaplan, Professor of Digital Humanities at the Ecole Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne (EPFL) and Coordinator of the Time Machine Project.
>

> Cultural Heritage as a valuable economic asset

> [...]

Constantinescu Nicolaie
Information Architect
http://www.kosson.ro
Acces Deschis România