Members Council Election

Marta Musso <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 5 Dec 2018 13:57:25 +0000

Dear colleagues,

My name is Marta Musso and I am running as a candidate for the Europeana
Network Association Members Council:
https://pro.europeana.eu/person/marta-musso

I am running as the PR & Communication Manager of Archives Portal
Europe, the online repository of the European archival heritage.
Archives Portal Europe is the largest online archival repository in the
world, and it represents a network of 32 (soon 33, and counting)
countries that committed to digitise and make available their heritage
on the free platform www.archivesportaleurope.net .

Thanks to the activities of Archives Portal Europe, more than 270.5
million collections are now available for research on the Portal,
accessible online from anywhere in the world. Archives Portal Europe is
also a network of researchers, academics, archivists who work to
preserve the European archival heritage.

Archives Portal Europe is also an aggregator of Europeana, As
representative of Archives Portal Europe within Europeana, and as a
teacher of Digital Asset Management and Curation and Preservation of
Digital Culture at King’s College London (UK), I would represent the
network of researchers and archivists within Europeana to promote the
best aggregation of archival material on Europeana, and the realisation
of common projects and guidelines on issues such as long-term digital
preservation, the digitalisation of archives, usability, findability,
linked data and integration, Open Archives on the web.

As we all share the same goal of making European culture more accessible
(and accessed by the public!), usable, and safe over time, I think that
my role of coordinator between university research, archival
institutions, and researchers could be very beneficial for Europeana –
if you agree, please vote for me!

Thanks and best wishes,

Marta

--