Members Council Election

Aleksandra Janus <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 5 Dec 2018 11:48:41 +0100

Dear Collegues,

I’ve decided to step forward!
My name is Aleksandra Janus and I’m the head of Open Culture Studio at
Centrum Cyfrowe (Digital Center) in Poland. We are an organization
supporting openness and participation in the digital world. Open
Culture Studio was designed as a laboratory space which supports the
public mission of cultural institutions by bringing audiences closer
to open digital heritage resources.

I believe culture can transform the world, if we make cultural
heritage both accessible and relevant for the society. To achieve
this, we need to first of all better understand our digital audiences
and learn to better address their needs. We then need to rethink the
value that digital collections have as information, provide users with
unlimited access to it and care for open standards. We need to rethink
the social role of cultural institutions and see them as stewards and
facilitators rather than just protectors. We need them to become
cultural laboratories where technology meets social change.

I would be happy to contribute my expertise to support Europeana in
achieving its goals!

Hope that you will support my candidacy and thank you for your time.

Kind regards,
Aleksandra Janus

https://centrumcyfrowe.pl/en/homepage/
https://otwartakultura.org/en/