EUROPEANA-TECH  November 2018

EUROPEANA-TECH November 2018

Members council election Europeana - Nicola Barbuti

Nicola Barbuti <[log in to unmask]>

Tue, 27 Nov 2018 14:56:07 +0100

Dear Friends and Colleagues,

I apologize, by mistake I sent the previous email with a forwarded
bottom of a colleague, to whom I apologize and I wish a sincere good
luck. This is my correct email.

Dear friends and collegues,

I do not usually expose myself and communicate what I do. But on this
occasion I try: I'm running for the election of the new Member Council
of Europeana.
In this stage of my professional life I believe I can contribute to
enhance the European cultural, educational and learning growth,
fostering and sharing the opportunities offered by the digital
creation and valorization of new cultural heritage. The EU asks us.
It's time to act, and I think Europeana can play a great role in
co-creation of European Digital Culture.
For several years I have been working on this challenge as delegate of
the University of Bari Aldo Moro in the scientific councils and
assemblies of international and national associations and networks
engaged in innovation of research and training on Cultural Heritage:
DARIAH-EU, ADHO, EADH, AIUCD, DICULTHER.
Currently I'm member of Europeana Tech and of the International
Scientific Committee Europeana Education-ICCU-DiCultHer. This
Scientific Committee has been appointed to coordinate the activities
planned within the Cooperation Agreement signed between the three
Institutions in order to promote digital cultural heritage and to
ensure “the right of every citizen to be educated in the knowledge and
responsible use of digital technology for the protection and
enhancement of cultural heritage”. The partners believe that cultural
heritage, citizenship education and intercultural dialogue is an
increasing driver and strategic resource towards the development  of a
strong European identity.
Please, if you would spend a minute to support my application and to
vote for me, we will work together for enhancing and fostering the
great opportunity of cultural and social development that Europeana
give people. Otherwise, thank you for reading this email.

Best Regards,
nb

=====