EUROPEANA-TECH  August 2015

EUROPEANA-TECH August 2015

Data Quality Vocabulary - feedback welcome!

Antoine Isaac <[log in to unmask]>

Antoine Isaac <[log in to unmask]>

Fri, 14 Aug 2015 12:05:47 +0200

(apologies for possible cross-posting as this request is sent to a couple of lists with overlapping interests)

The W3C Data on the Web Best Practices Working Group has recently published a first draft for a Data Quality Vocabulary (DQV):
http://www.w3.org/TR/2015/WD-vocab-dqv-20150625/

Our goal is to facilitate the publication of data on the quality of datasets published on the Web. We hope such information will be made widely available, so that data re-users can be better guided in their selection of data sources.

Many people in the Europeana community have worked on metadata quality, defining criteria that guide the creation and exchange of data in order to facilitate later access and re-use of digital objects.

This new W3C work is not meant to reproduce all this work.  We have rather focused on a basic framework to allow people to express the quality observations that are relevant for them, using specific vocabularies defined as DQV extensions or refinements. We consider that such a common framework would make varied quality assessments better comparable - and usable.

This draft is still open for comments, from editorial remarks to deeper criticism. The group is very keen on receiving any form of 'feedback from the market', before developing this vocabulary further.

Comments can be either posted here, or sent to the dedicated W3C mailing list [log in to unmask]
The three co-editors (cc'ed) are also willing to receive personal emails, should you not be sure that your feedback is fit for open publication!

Kind regards,

Antoine Isaac
--
R&D Manager, Europeana.eu