EUROPEANA-TECH  March 2015

EUROPEANA-TECH March 2015

Re: Your advice on minting URIs for contextual entities

"Hickey,Thom" <[log in to unmask]>

Hickey,Thom

Mon, 30 Mar 2015 15:35:49 +0000

I think option 1 is the only way to go.

In VIAF we do add hints, preceded by a hashmark, e.g.:

http://viaf.org/viaf/12304462/#Bach,_Johann_Sebastian,_1685-1750.

Note that that points at the page, not the person.  The canonical URI is:

http://viaf.org/viaf/12304462 which identifies the person

--Th