* apologies for cross-postings *
Call for Participation
17th International Conference on Theory and Practice of Digital Libraries
Valetta, Malta, September 22-26, 2013
(TPDL 2013, http://www.tpdl2013.info)
The International Conference on Theory and Practice of Digital
Libraries constitutes a leading European scientific forum on digital
libraries that brings together researchers, developers, content
providers and users in the field of digital libraries. The 17th
International Conference on Theory and Practice of Digital Libraries
(TPDL 2013) is organized by the University of Malta and it will be
held in Grant Hotel Excelsior, Valetta, Malta on September 22-26,
* REGISTRATION *
Registration is now open through
www.easyconferences.org/tpdl2013/register. All interested may not only
register for the conference, but they can also book their
accommodation, social events, etc. All additional services are offered
at specially conference negotiated rates.
- End of Early Registration: June 30, 2013
* ACCEPTED PAPERS, POSTERS & DEMOS *
A complete list of all accepted papers, posters and demos can be found
* KEYNOTE SPEAKERS *
- Christine L. Borgman, "Digital Scholarship and Digital Libraries:
Past, Present, and Future"
- Sören Auer, "What can Linked Data do for Digital Libraries?"
* PANELS *
- eInfrastructures: What Future? Chaired by Wim Jansen, DG Connect, EC
- COST Actions and Digital Libraries: between Sustaining Best
Practices and Unleashing Further Potential. Chaired by Matthew
Driscoll, University of Copenhagen
* WORKSHOPS *
The following workshops are organized in conjunction to TPDL2013:
- Practical Experiences with CIDOC CRM and its Extensions (CRMEX)
- Moving beyond technology: iSchools and education in data curation.
Is Data Curator a new role?
- The 2nd International Workshop on Supporting Users Exploration of
- The 3rd International Workshop on Semantic Digital Archives (SDA 2013)
- Networked Knowledge Organisation Systems and Services - 12th
European Networked Knowledge Organisation Systems Workshop (NKOS 2013)
- Linking and Contextualizing Publications and Datasets: Paving the
way towards Modern Scholarly Communication (LCPD 2013)
All Workshops will be held on 26/09.
* TUTORIALS *
- AM1: Linked Data for Digital Libraries by Uldis Bojars, Jodi
Schneider and Nuno Lopes
- AM2: From Preserving Data to Preserving Research: Curation of
Process and Context by Andreas Rauber, Rudolf Mayer, Stefan Pröll,
Raul Palma, Daniel Garijo
- AM3: State-of-the-art Tools for Text Digitisation by Bob Boelhouwer,
Sebastian Kirch and Adam Dudczak
- PM1: Mapping cross-domain metadata to the Europeana Data Model (EDM)
by Valentine Charles, Antoine Isaac, Vassilis Tzouvaras and Steffen
- PM2: The Role of XSLT in digital libraries, editions, and cultural
exhibits by Laura Mandell and Violeta Ilik
All Tutorials will be on 22/09. The fee allows each participant to
attend to two tutorials, one in the morning (AM) and one in the
* SATELLITE EVENTS *
- G-WiS: Global Collaboration of iSchools. The Global Workshop of
iSchools will take place on Sunday, 22nd September as part of TPDL2013
in Valetta, Malta. The event will be held in parallel to the Doctoral
Consortium of TPDL2013.
- Research infrastructures in the Humanities: Key Topics on Policies.
The Research infrastructures in the Humanities seminar will take place
on Wednesday, 25th September as part of TPDL2013 in Valetta, Malta.
The event will be held after the close of TPDL2103.
* OFFICIAL CARRIERS *
Lufthansa German Airlines and AirMalta offer significantly discounted
fares to all TPDL2013 participants. The carriers program continues
with the discounted fares from MaltaTransfer to all conference
participants. MaltaTransfer offers Shuttle Transfer Services from the
International Malta Airport to your hotel. Please visit the conference
website for more information.
* INFORMATION *
For more information, please contact with the Organizing Committee at
[log in to unmask] or visit the conference website