EUROPEANA-TECH  May 2012

EUROPEANA-TECH May 2012

AW: Market study on technical options for semantic feature extraction

"Bailer, Werner" <[log in to unmask]>

Bailer, Werner

Tue, 29 May 2012 16:07:59 +0200

Dear Marlies,

thank you for this very good survey.

I'd like to point you to further tools that might be relevant:

for Text:
- Link2WoD (http://link2wod.joanneum.at/) is a recent result from one of our projects, enriching text by linking concepts in the linked data cloud. A demonstrator (supporting German only) is online.
- KnowMiner (http://knowminer.at/) is a framework for knowledge discovery, providing  modules for information extraction and retrieval (supports German and English out of the box, further languages can be added), an open source version is avialable.
- SAIL LABS (http://www.sail-labs.com/) provides commercial products for information extraction tasks such as named entity recognition from text, speech and text overlay in video, supporting many languages.

For Images:
- SALERO Intelligent Media Annotation & Search (http://salero.joanneum.at/imas/): result from a recently finished project for annotating objects and their relations in images

Best regards,
Werner