EUROPEANA-TECH  April 2011

EUROPEANA-TECH April 2011

Re: Separating between provider's focus and Europeana focus for EDM ingestion

Denis Pitzalis - STARC <[log in to unmask]>

Denis Pitzalis - STARC <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 6 Apr 2011 17:15:11 +0200

Hi all,

the comment of Rodolphe give me the opportunity of arising a question
I'm thinking about since long time now:

Why we have a type "video" and not a type  "multimedia"?

if we have only video then we should allow a max number of occurrences
larger than 1 as we can have a video with sound (movie), or sound with
a video composed by only an image or just a text or video without
sound (if we just select VIDEO).

Inserting a multimedia type will solve this problem as "multimedia" is
by definition composed by multiple media (a movie is composed by video
+ sound )

Best regards,
Denis

--
----------------------
VAST 2011 - http://www.vast-conference.eu

Denis Pitzalis - http://www.pitzalis.org
Researcher in Digital Heritage and Archaeological Sciences

The Cyprus Institute, STARC - http://www.cyi.ac.cy
Guy Ourisson Bld, Nicosia, Cyprus - Tel: +35722208653

Centre de Recherche et de Restauration des Musées de France (C2RMF) -
http://www.c2rmf.fr
Palais du Louvre, Paris, France - Tel: +33140202414

3DCoForm - Tools and Expertise for 3D Collection Formation -
http://www.3dcoform.eu
Business Strand Coordinator