EUROPEANA-TECH  April 2011

EUROPEANA-TECH April 2011

Re: Separating between provider's focus and Europeana focus for EDM ingestion

Go Sugimoto <[log in to unmask]>

Go Sugimoto <[log in to unmask]>

Thu, 7 Apr 2011 11:08:33 +0200

Thanks for the discussions. They are something I also wanted to know.

One of the reasons why I questioned Antoine these days for prototyping is that it is much needed for us to understand what strategies and decision are being taken in terms of the up-coming EDM implementation, which may not exactly correspond to what WP3 members ideally wants for best possible EDM.
(Thanks Antoine/Valentine/Robina etc to take a look at my big documents. :) )

Personally I think it is Europeana Office's responsibility to clarify their decisions and I heard they are preparing the FAQ for content providers to answer typical EDM questions. Thus, I expect them to aggregate questions of mine, Rodolphe, Michaelle, and Denis etc, and give the answers with explanation. Then, we don't have to repeat similar questions-and-answers (e.g. why is this mapped like that?, or how can we manage this kind of case?...etc) and we can understand how the Europeana thinks of the iterations of EDM evolution. It is also nice if we can know what releases of the Portal will include what part of EDM in what way. As APEnet, we can decide how we should work and collaborate towards the future.

Isn't that the idea?

Best wishes,
Go