Help for ENSIL-LIST Archives

ENSIL-LIST Archives

ENSIL-LIST@LIST.ECOMPASS.NL

ENSIL-LIST Home

ENSIL-LIST  December 2009

ENSIL-LIST December 2009

Re: merry christmas and update from Denmark

Helen Boelens <[log in to unmask]>

ENSIL-list: European Network for School Libraries and Information Literacy" <[log in to unmask]>

Wed, 16 Dec 2009 10:50:21 +0100

Dear All,
One of the things which especially springs to mind when I read Pat's comment
is the fact that school libraries throughout Europe vary in so many
different ways.  The kind of information which is now coming in from Maria
(Denmark), Kathy (UK) and Fredrik (Sweden) is very important.  It allows us
to try to understand what is happening in these libraries in different
countries and to "cross the border".  Perhaps we can learn from the way in
which school libraries operate in different countries?

During my research, I have tried to summarize (up until the end of 2008) how
school libraries work in 61 different countries within Europe (where people
speak more than 52 different languages).  School libraries are continuously
changing - their challenges change as education changes.  However, I hope
that the research, which will be available shortly, will help us all to have
a broader perspective of school librarianship in Europe.

Please keep the information coming via the ENSIL list.  It is very
important.

Best wishes for Christmas and the New Year,
Helen