Library budgets are tight and growing tighter . . .
Digital research is plentiful and there is no end in sight . . .
Who preserves these data and publications, who 'curates' them, and how .
LIBER, the KB and the Netherlands Digital Preservation Coalition have
to give you everything you need to make informed choices:
International workshop on digital preservation
Curating research <http://www.kb.nl/curatingresearch> :
e-Merging Roles and Responsibilities in the European Landscape
KB, The Hague, Netherlands, 17 April 2009
Featuring key questions such as:
* What does it mean to 'curate' digital information?
* Where lies the responsibility for research libraries?
* What should you do yourself and what can you market out?
* What is the role of national and international collaboration?
Featuring renowned speakers such as:
* Neil Beagrie, expert on the UK research community and digital
curation, who published many authoritative studies on the subject
* Eileen Fenton, director of Portico, a major digital e-journal
archive in the United States
* Maria Heijne, director of TU Delft Library and instigator of
the collaborative 3TU.Datacentre of the three Dutch technical
* Jeffrey van der Hoeven of the PARSE.insight project which has
just surveyed the entire European research landscape and its
* Keith Jeffery, who knows research inside and out and is
chairman of the European Alliance for Permanent Access
* Dale Peters of DRIVER II, the European network of institutional
* Marcel Ras, head of the KB's e-Depot, the only digital archive
that can boast six years' worth of experience in running a digital
* Paul Wouters, chair in Knowledge Dynamics, Erasmus University
* and many others.
ml> open now
Workshop website, detailed programme and registration forms at
Dit bericht is verzonden via [log in to unmask]
Aanmelden? Afmelden? Info? Zie de NEDBIB-L website op http://nedbib.reuser.biz/
lijstbeheerder: Arno H.P. Reuser [log in to unmask]
EEN ANTWOORD GAAT STANDAARD NAAR ALLE LIJSTDEELNEMERS
Wellicht is uw antwoord alleen zinvol voor de vragensteller
Houd hier a.u.b. rekening mee!