Already registered to our Digital Preservation Workshop on 17 April 2009?
Library budgets are tight and growing tighter...
Digital research is plentiful and there is no end in sight...
Who preserves these data and publications, who 'curates' them, and how...
LIBER, the KB and the Netherlands Digital Preservation Coalition have joined forces
to give you everything you need to make informed choices:
International workshop on digital preservation
e-Merging Roles and Responsibilities in the European Landscape
KB, The Hague, Netherlands, 17 April 2009
Featuring key questions such as:
* What does it mean to 'curate' digital information?
* Where lies the responsibility for research libraries?
* What should you do yourself and what can you market out?
* What is the role of national and international collaboration?
Featuring renowned speakers such as:
* Neil Beagrie, expert on the UK research community and digital curation, who published many authoritative studies on the subject
* Eileen Fenton, director of Portico, a major digital e-journal archive in the United States
* Maria Heijne, director of TU Delft Library and instigator of the collaborative 3TU.Datacentre of the three Dutch technical universities
* Jeffrey van der Hoeven of the PARSE.insight project which has just surveyed the entire European research landscape and its preservation
* Keith Jeffery, who knows research inside and out and is chairman of the European Alliance for Permanent Access
* Dale Peters of DRIVER II, the European network of institutional repositories
* Marcel Ras, head of the KB's e-Depot, the only digital archive that can boast six years' worth of experience in running a digital archive
* Paul Wouters, chair in Knowledge Dynamics, Erasmus University
* and many others.
Registration open now!
Workshop website, detailed programme and registration forms at http://www.kb.nl/curatingresearch
Dit bericht is verzonden via [log in to unmask]
Aanmelden? Afmelden? Info? Zie de NEDBIB-L website op http://nedbib.reuser.biz/
lijstbeheerder: Arno H.P. Reuser [log in to unmask]
EEN ANTWOORD GAAT STANDAARD NAAR ALLE LIJSTDEELNEMERS
Wellicht is uw antwoord alleen zinvol voor de vragensteller
Houd hier a.u.b. rekening mee!