The Permanent Bureau of the Hague Conference on Private International Law (HCCH) is seeking an
INFORMATION MANAGEMENT ASSISTANT
(part-time, 80%, as of 1 July 2007)
With more than 60 Member States representing all continents, the Hague Conference on Private International Law (www.hcch.net <outbind://26/www.hcch.net> ) is a small and dynamic intergovernmental organisation. A melting pot of different legal traditions, it develops and services multilateral legal instruments, which respond to global needs.
Preparatory and implementation work related to Hague Conventions involve extensive scientific research conducted by lawyers of the Permanent Bureau. In this context, the Permanent Bureau maintains its own specialised library in the field of private international law and develops contacts with information sources around the world. The Information Management Assistant plays a key role in the collection, storage and accessibility of crucial information.
- To manage acquisitions (making suggestions and monitoring orders, and cataloguing acquisitions);
- To maintain and develop the library catalogue;
- To manage the Newsletter;
- To keep the HCCH Library in order, according to its current organisation plan (shelving, organisation of binding, etc);
- To increase the visibility of the HCCH Library;
- To support the HCCH management with new solutions in the field of information technology and to assist in its implementation;
- To maintain existing collaboration and to establish new co-operation with related organisations and libraries;
- To suggest new procedures for the collection of information within the HCCH Library;
- To keep the HCCH archives in order and to ensure that in-coming information is properly filed and archived.
CANDIDATES SHOULD MEET THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS:
- Fluency in at least one of the official languages of the HCCH (English and French), other languages a plus;
- Relevant certification/diploma/degree or other academic qualification and/or experience in library service, information sciences or related field;
- Expert knowledge of information resources;
- Familiarity with law, preferably international law, an advantage;
- Basic knowledge of programming;
- Effective communication skills in both speaking and writing;
- Ability to work independently;
- Sense of initiative and creativity.
Applications in writing, with curriculum vitae and names and contact details of two referees to be addressed before 14 May 2007 to:
Hague Conference on Private International Law
Attention: CÚline Chateau, Senior Administrator
2517 KT The Hague
Fax: +31 (70) 360 4867
Email: mailto:[log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Dit bericht is verzonden via [log in to unmask]
NEDBIB-L website http://nedbib-l.kb.nl/
lijstbeheerders: Arno Reuser [log in to unmask]
Arend jan Hak [log in to unmask]
EEN ANTWOORD GAAT STANDAARD NAAR ALLE LIJSTDEELNEMERS
Wellicht is uw antwoord alleen zinvol voor de vragensteller
Houd hier s.v.p. rekening mee!